April 03, 2021

Signs, Beckoning Signs


Unending and bleak darkness.
Curtained by lines of raindrops.
Glistening, directionless.
It never ends, never stops.
Building huge walls of nothing.
Absolute nothing screaming
'Til I'm deaf, blind and mute.
All dreams were sucked by the chute.

Illusions are like pauses
In between the raging storms,
Moving me between places.
To be a clown or a worm,
As long as I keep moving.
There, along the road, beckoning.
Maybe they're illusions, too.
They wanna be listened to.

"Through here, you'll find a flower,
Rich and alive with color,
Casting forth its scent and more."

And so I listened to these,
Taking a different road.
Finding green grass, plants, and trees.
Up that steep road, I rode
Moving under clear, blue skies.
Past the cows and fields of rice.
Birds that fly in a line
In the warm, golden sunshine.

No comments: