April 02, 2021

On Silent

 

owl by ractapopulous

I'm numbed down by these noises,
But I can still feel your eyes.
Loud in loudest voices,
Sending some quiet, unheard sighs
That alert my thoughts to you.
Like a wakeful owl, I look.
And obediently observing,
Then trying to grasp everything.

For you're like the morning dew
On a gentle, soft petal.
Cool, refreshing, and brand new.
Strangely familiar, local.
It's like you're me sometimes.
We're like the tunes of the chimes.
One was just mimicking.
It's not you, you were starting.

I wish they'll give us poems
That need to become emblems
Or some written, sing-song gems.

Because this poem is too long,
Too long for the both of us.
Because we don't seem this wrong.
Don't have to take up much mass.
We're in order and at peace.
There's never a point to miss.
Everything always makes sense.
When we agree, it's silence.

No comments: