April 06, 2021

I See Monsters


In the darkness of the night
In a small place at world's end,
There are stars within my sight,
But nothing to comprehend
And nothing to cast the light
To guide me and attend.

In the moonlight, he arrived
In this small place at world's end.
Big, heavy hooves and gallops.
In manners I comprehend.
Waiting outside this prison.
Charging with his loyal horse.

And he's bearing a light
In this small place at world's end.
All the shadows move away.
Meanings I can comprehend
Say more than I ever thought,
And the messages they send
Touch the deep mind completely
In this small place at world's end.

To see the colors they don
With every thread, every mend
Yearning to be accepted
In this small place at world's end
Through these, the beings survived
Can I still just comprehend?

Between the painful wallops
Of their claws that can end,
Of their strong bones that can bend.
And more wallops and wallops.
Never a good at world's end.
Crawling out in my horror
Of the things I comprehend.

For I observe real monsters
On the murder of my friend.
All the life we are losing.
O dear one, my knight, my friend.
And he couldn't be revived
On these godforsaken grounds
In a lost place at world's end.

No comments: